Wednesday 18 October 2023

Sunday 22 October 2-bike ride to Talkin Tarn

My ride is designed for the Fellfoot Partnership who are promoting the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and have approached club members to design a route which showcases our lovely lanes. I have linked it with their (not yet published) 'Slow Trail' walks which are also part of the Fellfoot initiative. At 41 miles it is the upper end of my capacity so I may be slow; if you're a faster rider who is joining me, make sure you have enough clothes!  Route Here

If you wish to shorten the ride by 11.5 miles you can meet me at the junction near Renwick which I estimate we will reach at around 10 am but please let me know if you're doing this so that I don't miss you.

I am aiming to reach Talkin Tarn soon after 12 and will phone in the next few days and blog to say what refreshments can be purchased. Bring something with you for a roadside stop on the way north. 

As always, please let your leader know if you intend to come. My mobile phone isn't used as such  (except in emergencies), but receives texts and WhatsApp messages on 07500 564922.

Hopefully the rain will have passed through...

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment