Tuesday 17 October 2023

Bikes on Scottish trains

 I’ve just seen a comment on the Cycle Touring Festival Facebook page that trains on the Glasgow to Oban line are going to trial carriages that will taken 24 bikes including tandems.   If the trial is a success it may be extended throughout Scotland.   When checking further I learnt that the Fort William to Mallaig line currently takes 20 bikes on selected trains.  Maybe not in the winter months,

At the EGM on Saturday I mentioned that Scotrail trains from Carlisle to Glasgow will take up to 12 bikes.      I use the service from time to time taking my bike to Dumfries or further north, usually Sanquar or Kirkconnel and riding from there.   I recommend trying the service out.   Brings a new dimension to bike riding.


No comments:

Post a Comment