Thursday 26 September 2024

Rides from Dalston on Sunday 29 September

We're starting in the north of the County at the car park in Dalston near Carlisle to explore a lovely route out to the coast to Bowness-on-Solway, the start of the Hadrian's Wall walk, with a long section alongside the lovely Solway Estuary between Bowness and Burgh by Sands. If the weather is encouraging we will include the Anthorn Circuit. Mine is a '2-bike ride' standard and, as you know, I am a slow non-e-bike rider but the terrain (fairly flat) is flattering and I would anticipate a speed of around 11 mph though with a group it may be less. My ride is planned to be 40 miles. John will be leading a longer 3 bike ride and hopefully the two groups will meet for a cafe lunch at Bowness-on-Solway.

Please bring a snack to eat by the roadside.

Some of us have become a bit resistant to travelling a bit further for our rides or putting the bikes in the car to drive to the start. I hope people will take the plunge and join me (or John).

Guests are welcome to join us for 3 rides before they need to become members.

I think there will be rain around and, as I have said, I am not a fast rider, so bring plenty of layers.

Please let me (or John) know if you're coming so that we can warn the cafe.

Alison

07500 564922



No comments:

Post a Comment