Saturday 4 November 2023

Update 2 bike ride tomorrow 5 November

I have chosen Keswick Museum to meet because it is quite central. I don't have the knowledge to give advice on suitable places to park, most of which come at a cost. The Museum is on Station Road between Upper and Lower Fitz Park. Although there is on-street parking there, I think it is time-limited. The Museum is quite close to the Threlkeld/Keswick former railway route which I plan to take for a short distance as we leave Keswick.

I am planning to leave at 9.45.

I have taken advice (thanks Geoff!) and realise that I can avoid the big hill to Castle Rigg Stone Circle so I plan to amend my ride to take the road slightly further north. If you wish to meet us en route, please let me know so that we can be sure not to miss you.

I'm hoping we will meet up with the 3 bike riders around Legburthwaite and travel with them south along the west Thirlmere road. Club strips will help to identify us as a group.

Don't forget to bring clothes to keep warm in case we are hanging around and also something for your 11s.

I don't have the time to check out this route in advance and this is not a pre-requisite of leading a ride. I have cycled most of the roads at some time but it was a long time ago, so this will be a journey of discovery for us all,

Hope to see some of you tomorrow,

Alison 07500 564922

No comments:

Post a Comment