Tuesday 11 January 2022

John R’s MTB Ride to the Red Route at Newcastleton Friday 14th Jan 2022

Bad news I am afraid; the MTB Trails at Newcastleton are closed due to the last Storm blowing large numbers of trees over and blocking the trails. I went to recce the route today and saw for myself the extent of the damage caused by wind low. These trails will not be open for a very long time. 

Rather than cancelling the ride, I will ride from the Swimming Pool at Askham at 1000hrs and cycle round the Lowther Bridleways and thence to Howtown and Martindale, before returning either by road to Askham Fell. Please text me to let me know if you are able to join me and bring something to eat as the Lowther Cafe may not be open.  Regards. John

2 comments:

  1. Lowther was open on Wed 12 th when 3 members were at the Cafe meet.

    Posted by CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of bike is suitable for this ride John ?

    ReplyDelete