Saturday 31 July 2021

Tomorrow Sunday 1 August 2 bike ride from Melmerby to Larch Cottage and beyond

Sorry this is such a late post... I will be leaving Melmerby at 9.30 tomorrow morning (the cafe is  open from 9 if you want a coffee before the start) and taking a direct-ish 14 mile route to Larch Cottage at Melkinthorpe for 11s. From there, I will take a fairly circuitous route including Penrith and Langwathby to return home to Melmerby. Estimated total distance 30 - 35 miles. I can't think of a suitable lunch stop so you can either stock up at Larch Cottage (eating bacon sandwiches usually works for Nigel), bring your own to eat en route or (my favourite) plan a stop at Langwathby shop for an ice cream to get you home - or you can do all three!

Despite the late publication of this post, I hope I won't be on my own tomorrow..

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment