Thursday 17 June 2021

3 Bike Ride Sunday 20th June 2021

First time leading a ride so hopefully it all goes smoothly. A novelty for me as I don't normally plan routes I just head in a general direction & make it up as I go ... I never get lost though I just make unplanned diversions!

Leaving Dalston at 09.30 hours for Caldbeck & over the common to Uldale (about 15 mile). Mae's tearoom for coffee or early lunch. Onto Ireby, Bothel & Gilcrux & north along the Solway Coast to Allonby & Silloth (about 40 mile) for coffee/late lunch/ice cream or BYO picnic. Return via Abbeytown, Lessonhall & Orton Grange. After Uldale the route is pancake flat .... honest!

The route can be viewed & a gpx file downloaded from here

Please text me (include name) on 07855534727 if you intend coming along. Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment