Friday 19 July 2024

Sunday 21 July 2-bike ride from Penrith

This is a classic Eden Valley route. We will be meeting at the cemetery on Beacon Edge with a view to departing at 9.30 am, meandering to Lazonby where we cross the river, and travelling via Gamblesby to Melmerby Village Bakery for coffee. Then we have the lovely fellside route to Appleby for lunch and return to Penrith via Colby and Cliburn. I think it's just over 40 miles.

Some of you will know that I am a slow non-ebike rider so don't expect a fast ride and bring extra clothes if it's chilly. It is a lovely route to be taken at a leisurely pace.

Please let me know if you're coming so that I can give the cafes some warning; I imagine there will be more for coffee than for lunch!

I hope not to be alone,

Alison 07500 564922


No comments:

Post a Comment