Friday 15 September 2023

Obituary : Mike Hutchinson

Sadly, I have to report that Mike Hutchinson ( Secretary of Lancaster Cuk ) for many years died on Monday 11th September. 

In north London in his youth he rode with the Edgware CTC group and raced with the associated Westerley Road Club. 

For many years he was a strong fell runner and in later life concentrated on cycling with Lancaster CTC, participating in and organising Audax events, riding tours in Europe and attending CTC Birthday Rides.

EV members who knew him will have met him on Lancaster Cuk club runs or participating in Audax events organised by him.

I first met Mike at the CTC Birthday Rides at Malton in Yorkshire on an Audax event over the North York Moors. It was there I learnt of his nickname " Hedgehog " after he rode over a road kill hedgehog in his youth when he had a crew cut. I also learnt of his history with the Edgware CTC ( my riding group at this time ). For many years I enjoyed riding Audax events in Lancashire and the Pennines organised by him plus a good weeks hard riding at the CTC Birthday Rides in Lancaster hosted by CTC Lancaster, with the tough rides planned by Mike.

When I know about funeral arrangements I will post details with a further blog





 


No comments:

Post a Comment