Tuesday 9 May 2023

Cycling holiday Tuesday 22nd to Friday 25 August at The Sill YHA

 Apologies to all those who are working but at this short notice you'll appreciate that weekends - which I was aiming for - are pretty booked up already, so...

This is a new form of club holiday the Committee has decided to try. The Sill is a recently built hostel situated along the Hadrian's Wall route and this is a chance to explore somewhere different but by booking yourself you can choose the option which suits you.

There are a total of 8 x 2 bedded en suite rooms in the hostel of which 5 currently remain for the set dates (I have just booked one for Nigel and me). The rest of the rooms are 4 bedded; several of them are en suite or you can simply book at £30 per night per person for a shared bedroom.

For the two bedded room for 3 nights the cost is £240; I have just become a YHA member at a cost of £20 because it saved me £24 (10%). I have also pre-booked breakfast. There is a self-catering kitchen but you can also eat evening meals provided at the hostel. That means you can travel light if you want to cycle there and back as well as on the days in between. I will have to get a bit fitter if I'm going to do that...

If you're interested, all you have to do is get on the YHA website and book. If you want a 2 x bedded room, you probably need to do it sooner rather than later. If you let me know if you're coming, I can aim to book a pub meal (the Twice Brewed is just next door) for the final evening.

If this works well, we can try it for other hostels/areas at other times of the year. I hope I'm not going to be Billy no-mates!

Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment