Friday 17 December 2021

Sundays ride (19 December) - 2 loops from Melmerby starting at 10 am

 I know I said 30 miles - well, I lied! Maybe I didn't so much 'lie' as change my mind. It will be nearer 24 miles as it will only be my 4th ride in over three months!

The first loop will be just over 10 miles; Melmerby/Ousby/Hunsonby and return - a nice saunter along quiet country roads. We should be back at the start for coffee/cake at the Bakery around 11 so missing their lunchtime rush. We won't be calling into Langwathby (another lie I put on the runs list)

The second loop is just under 13 1/2 miles; north to Renwick with a lovely run back down into Kirkoswald and a return via Harrumphy Hill into Glassonby/Gamblesby and then Melmerby. A bit more climbing but nothing too serious...

From experience Nigel can recommend the festive baguette at the Bakery but it may be a bit heavy to be eaten at coffee time. By the end of the ride, you might be ready for one.

You are welcome to join us for either or both loops or even just for coffee.

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment