Saturday 18 May 2024

Late Notice Ride tomorrow (Sunday 19th May)

 I shall be cycling to the 11s at the Old Village Bakery Melmerby tomorrow. I am intending to be at the bottom of the hill at Frenchfield Penrith for 0930 where it would be nice to meet others for the ride. (Alternatively you could start with me from Melmerby at 0830).

My plan is to get to Melmerby for around 1100 by the usual routes through to Temple Sowerby (shorter route over Whinfell, longer via Temple Sowerby - 1.5 miles longer). The longer of these routes means you should have covered 17.5 odd miles (+ the 8 or so miles to Penrith for the eager rider). 

For a return ride I propose to cycle to Renwick, Kirkoswald, Lazonby, Plumpton and thence back to Frenchfield (19.5 odd miles), OR, taking in Newton Reigny (24 odd miles).

Pacing of Ride - '2'.

Even if neither / none  of the options appeal to you I hope to see you at Melmerby.

If you do intend to come with me, please let me know (07867 840534). Nigel  

No comments:

Post a Comment