Wednesday 1 February 2023

Potholes

 I received this letter from Ellis Butcher, I have sent a general reply but it would be good if there are those out there who could message/call him with particular details.

Hello,
I am a reporter for the Cumberland and Westmorland Herald, Penrith, and The Keswick Reminder.
I am doing a feature about the impact of local potholes on road users.
Apparently, this winter has created a perfect storm for the creation of pot holes with bouts of prolonged cold weather followed by very damp weather. I have accounts from a motorcyclist and a car driver, but not a cyclist.

I wondered as a cycling group if I might arrange a chat with someone please about how they regard the roads around here and any account of damage to bikes or even injuries to cyclists, or whether there are places or potholes to avoid?

Perhaps your members may have taken photos of really bad potholes that I might use?
Could you give me a call or drop me a line if this is possible please.

Kind regards

Ellis Butcher

Reporter

01768 861210
ellis.butcher@barrnonmedia.com

Please reply direct via phone or email

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment