Friday 24 April 2020

Oops - What Really Happened!

Well, Parker surmised and Geoff offered to look at  more photos to identify what had happened, but nobody looked carefully enough to solve my little test!

Wielding allen keys was but a red herring; the head set hadn't twisted round when the bike fell - simply the complete forks, wheel and handlebar assembly had turned 180 degree and faced rearwards! Arriving at the scene, without thinking I'd assumed the headset had twisted round, so loosened its allen bolts and  twisted the bars 180 degrees back, but the front brake cable wouldn't reach .... at which point I realised that the front forks were facing backwards!

2 comments:

  1. If you read my comment that's just what I said?!
    'spurned of Culgaith'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooerr, well yes, though you did ask for more pics which led me to think you were joking about reverse gear - good idea though - for electric bikes?
    Anyroad, Confused of Ousby now declares Spurned of Culgaith gloriously Unspurned.

    ReplyDelete