Thursday 27 February 2020

March 1st: Lazonby to Castle Carrock for a Big Breakfast at the Watson Institute (breakfast £8.00 donation in aid of Music on the Marr festival)

( A repeat post because I am learning to use the blog....and hoping this works. Hope to see loads of you Sunday. The weather's going to be fine trust me... only 45% of you will get wet...)

A hilly circuitous route from Lazonby to Castle Carrock. Not overly long but energetic and very beautiful.  Must leave at 9.00am aiming to get there by 10.45 latest as breakfast service only goes to 11.30. 

Meet Lazonby car park ( by the river/ the recycling).
Ride Leader: Liz Radford  . If possible leave a message here on blog or text me  if you are coming so I can let them know how many ( ish) for breakfast. I realise you might be waiting for the weather so will check Sunday morning.

Google inaccurate stats are:
Out: 17ish miles 500 ft up 725ft  down   hillyish:  Lazonby, Parkhead, Renwick, Croglin, Hazelfield to follow Cairnbeck to Carlatton Mill , north to Castle Carrock .

Back:  15 ish miles 804 ft up 1030ft down  hillyisher: CC - Moss Nook, Cumwhitton, Hornsby Gate, Holmwrangle, Armathwaite ( east side), Staffield, KO, Lazonby.

1 comment:

  1. I am only little so can I ask that I only have to have 35% of the rain, maybe someone a bit bigger can make up the difference. Hoping to come with Alison

    ReplyDelete