Saturday 7 December 2019

Tomorrow's 2 bike ride

I will be at Daffodils coffee house on St Andrew's Churchyard for coffee and a scone at 11.30. My plan is to leave at 12 and cycle to Pooley Bridge via Fair Hill, Catterlen, Blencow and Greystoke - about 15/16 miles so be sure to have some 11s before we leave. I very much doubt we will coincide with Bill's 3-bike ride which will probably be long gone as I can't see us arriving at Granny Dowbekins before 1.30. The direct return route (Tirril, Eamont Bridge) is 6 miles, and a longer loop via Askham, Abbot Lodge and Brougham is nearly 12 miles.
I would hope to be back before dark but in these darker days, I still recommend you bring lights.
Of course, with winds forecast WSW 20 gusting 39 I may find I am on my own. A final decision will be made at 12 noon at Daffodils.

1 comment:

  1. Or I might do Penrith/Newton Rigg/Newton Reigny and miss out Fair Hill and Catterlen... will decide tomorrow

    ReplyDelete