Saturday 5 January 2019

Two bike ride Sunday 6 January - new leader requested

I am really sorry but owing to illness of my Mum I need to visit her.
I was going to moderate the ride anyway - two reasons; Caldbeck Old Smithy Café is shut until the end of January, but in any event I wasn't sure I was up to leading this ride which I did in summer 2016 and it took 2 hours 20 minutes to get to Dalston!
My revised plan was to set off from Plumpton as advertised (but parking on the road not at the Pot Place which would be rather cheeky) and meander along the lanes to find the Woodside Welcome Cycling Café near Hawksdale, south of Dalston which is only open Saturday and Sunday OS map 85 GR 370474 phone number 01228 710764.
If someone else would like to lead, or a group of you get together to find your own way, that would be great. Otherwise there is Ludo's ride (see blog below) or the 11.30s stop at Abbott Lodge.
Best wishes for the New Year,
Alison (and Nigel)

No comments:

Post a Comment