Saturday 17 November 2018

Tomorrow's 2 bike ride from Appleby

I am a bit of a magpie when it comes to planning routes; this is the anniversary ride route from  October 2016. It's only about 25 miles but includes a bit of climbing (1,614 feet according to my records) travelling clockwise via Crosby Ravensworth to Orton for lunch and back via Great Asby. I intend to park in the central car park in Appleby which I think is reasonably cheap on a Sunday although free parking can be found elsewhere eg on the road. We meet at the Cloisters outside the main church. The pace will be gentle not only because it is a 2-bike ride but also because it is 2 weeks since I sat on a bike! I hope to see some of you there.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Alison to use your blog to notify club members of details of my Ride.

    JOHN ROELICH’S RIDE FROM ABBEY BRIDGE LANERCOST. Weather looks to be fine alrhough on the cold side. Please dress accordingly. It is a ONE STOP RIDE to Newcastleton via Hethersghyll, Catlowdy and Kershopfoot for lunch a distance of 24 miles. We will stop at the Olive Tree Cafe. The route home is more undulating going via Kershope Forest, Blackpoolgate, Bewcastle and Askerton. Please bring lights. Look forward to seeing you at Abbey Bridge John R

    ReplyDelete