Eden Valley Cycling UK
Friday, 25 July 2014
Drug free energy
This was on channel 4 "Cycle Show" programme, by the chef John Torode.
Not tried it yet, but looks good. (Can you get Popping Candy in Cumbria?)
John Torode’s Flapjack
6 sheets of rice paper (edible)
50grs golden syrup
50mls maple syrup
50grs Dried apples
50grs Dried figs
50grs Dried mango
50grs Dried mixed fruit
100grs porridge oats
50grs Dried Milk powder
I packet popping candy
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160c and grease a 30cm x 20cm 3cm deep tin and line with rice paper
2. Put the butter, treacle, golden syrup and maple syrup in a pan and bring to the boil. Once it boils take it off the heat a put to one side.
3. Mix all the rest of the ingredients together well in a large bowl.
4. Add the melted butter, treacle and syrups into the large bowl and mix very well until it is coated.
5. Spread the mix in the tin and use a sheet of rice paper to push it all down firmly.
6. Leave the rice paper on the top and put it in the oven and cook for20minutes or until firm.
7. Take from the oven and leave to cool completely before turning out with the rice paper still on both sides.
8. Cut into long strips or squares.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)