Monday 27 April 2020

Some news from Corsica



My Cycling UK magazine has just arrived. I know it's late, but it's miraculous that it's here at all considering that the post is always slow here anyway and on top of that there's that virus thingy.

So, I open it up and think cripes, that's me on the front cover! A second glance reveals it's someone a bit older and less handsome than me.

This reminds me of something I once overheard on a clubrun.
 "Anon: “Have you seen that new book that’s just come out? It’s called ‘What Every Woman Wants’”
 Ludo: “No, I haven’t seen it – is it any good?”
 A: “I haven’t had chance to read it yet. All I’ve done so far is have a quick look at it in Waterstones book shop to make sure they’ve spelt my name right.”

If you're wondering why I'm blogging so much lately, it's because cycling is banned in France due to the virus and there's a limit to what you can do with the extra time this generates; there's only so much gardening and DIY to be done. The good news is that the FFCT (French equivalent of Cycling UK, but not as good) has organised a partition to the government to lift this ban and put things in line with the UK and (some) European countries. 90,000 signatures so far, so hoping this will have some effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment