John put a blog up on the 26th November saying that he couldn't lead this ride and asking for someone to deputise. I'm not sure if anyone volunteered and I can't get hold of John. So I am hoping that I'm not treading on anyone's toes when I suggest that this ride should be cancelled. Bill has already cancelled his ride (see blog below). I have just returned by car an hour ago along the Mungrisdale to Hutton Roof road and it is extremely icy.
A self-led ride to Granny Dowbekins in Pooley Bridge is still a possibility if you can find a safe route.