Saturday 18 March 2017

Sunday 19 March - 2 bike ride

OK, OK, I've seen the forecast...let's hope - as so often - that it doesn't turn out as wet as predicted. In case it does, it seems to  me that the mode of survival is not to do too many miles and not to stop for too long and get cold, so...
It will be a winding route from Langwathby to Melmerby via Skirwith and Hunsonby - otherwise we just arrive too early for coffee. The road between Gamblesby and Melmerby is closed; we should get through on bikes - Nigel and I walked it last night - but I'm afraid it will be muddy. I aim to be at Melmerby shop café around 10.30 and setting off again soon after 11, taking the direct route to Thiefside which I am afraid will be hilly (as well as muddy to Gamblesby), hoping to get there by 12.30. Then we take the direct route back to Langwathby through Salkeld Dykes along the west of the River. Each leg of the trip is just over/under 10 miles so not a difficult day's riding, except for the weather.
Do come along - you know you will feel much better when it's over!
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment