Wednesday 9 November 2016

Irish Sea Route

I received this email today linking to interesting information about a possible tour route:-
Hi,
I am a member of Cycling UK (CTC) and I found your contact details through their website.
I have been working on a project for over a year now and have just published the Irish Sea Cycle Route on www.irishseacycleroute.com It's a route over 1000 miles long and links Wales, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. It circumnavigates the Irish Sea and is served well by sea ferries between Larne/Belfast and Cairnryan to the north and between Rosslare and Fishguard to the south.
I hope you will share these details with your club members.
There is more information on the website about the route but it worth mentioning the majority of the work to date has been involved in riding the route and mapping the route. The interactive map is central to the website where this is a gallery of photographs taken along the route.
To date, I have ridden/ ratified the route through Wales, England and Scotland. Next year, I will be riding and ratifying the route through Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
In the longer term, I hope to get the route signed but I have no experience of such a task. Should any of your club members have experience or knowledge about such a task, I would be grateful for any help. However, my immediate priority is to complete the route.
The Irish Sea Cycle Route has a wonderful inclusive nature, my hope is that it is not seen just as a long tour, although this would be a huge challenge, but I hope it is ridden as a series of tours or even day-rides. It has obviously caught my imagination, I hope it will have an effect on others.
Kind Regards
Ian
info@irishseacycleroute.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment