Monday 4 July 2016

Club Ride Wednesday 6 July

Ernest is unable to lead the ride on Wednesday, so Geoff and I will be standing in and leading it on Ernest's behalf.
We will be meeting in Burton-in-Kendal at the Memorial Hall car park for a 0900 start. We have an arrangement with the hall allowing us to use the car park for a £1 fee, which will be collected by the Treasurer.
Our route will take us south to Great Ecclestone where we will have 11s, and from here we will head for Lytham and Blackpool, where we will have lunch.
The return leg will be via Fleetwood, where we will cross the estuary on the Knott End ferry and return via Cockerham and the Lancaster cycleway. I have spoken to the Ferrymaster and he has assured me that there is sufficient storage for up to 30 bikes! When I used the ferry last, I got a discount on the crossing by producing my bus pass, so if you are prudent like me, don't forget your pass.
The route is predominantly flat, although it can be subject to quite strong sea breezes. The total distance will be 92 miles. Please note the start time will be 0900, NOT 0930.
This ride is the second part of a bikefest (ride one get one free) and will follow Geoff's excellent ride on Tuesday.
I hope to see you on both rides.
Keith G.

No comments:

Post a Comment