Saturday 27 September 2014

Main Ride - Sunday 28 th September

Since Karen is unable to lead the ride, I propose to ride to the published venues as follows : -

Start - Dalston to 11's at Cups & Saucers Seaville

Via - Wigton, Waverbridge, Raby and Abbeytown  ( Distance = 20 miles )

11's to Lunch at Maryport Marina

Via - Blackdykes, Pleutho, Tarns, Mealsgate, Westnewton, Allonby, B5300 Coast Road and cycle track ( Distance = 16 miles )

Lunch to Finish at Dalston

Via - A594, Dearham, Row Brow, Gilcrux, Arkelby, Fitz, Blennerhasset, Fletchertown, Wigton and retrace outward route ( Distance = 28 miles )

The total distance is about 64 miles and it is probably not possible to make circuit less than this.

Since lunch is likely to be very late, I may change my lunch destination  to arrive earlier and reduce the long distance back to Dalston particularly as I intend to ride to Dalston & back from home which adds 20 miles to the journey.

Although I intend to do a version of the ride, I don't really want to be the designated leader but would appreciate the company of other riders.


No comments:

Post a Comment